When was the last time you sent a lovely thank you to someone special if your life? If it has been a while, then I will give you a tip: it feels so good to say thanks!
Two years ago I made a promise to myself: I would hand stamp a thank you card and mail it to every single person who placed an order at my online store. It is the least I can do to show my gratitude to a fellow crafter who is willing to support my home based business. I also tuck some special little product bits inside the envelope as well and then imagine how good it would feel to open a card (instead of a bill, ugh) and see a little extra inside.
I challenge you to make a mail 5 thank you cards to send to friends and family - just to let them know how grateful you are to know them. To help you with this challenge I have a beautiful and easy Rooted in Nature card idea to share with you today.
Read on after the photo for a complete list of supplies and instructions for making the card. And if you want to place an order for any of these products, click here to link over to my online store.
Rooted in Nature Thank You card
- Stamp Sets and Dies – Rooted in Nature (146482); A Big Thank You (147377); Nature’s Roots Framelit Dies (146361)
- Card Stock – Whisper White (100730); Whisper White Thick (140272); Soft Suede (115318)
- Stamp Pads – Soft Suede (147115); Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (DSP) (146338); White Embossing Powder (109132); Embossing Buddy (103083); 5/8” Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon (146912); Stamping Sponges (141337); Dimensionals (104430); Banner Triple Punch (138292) ; Heat Tool (129053); Big Shot (143263)
- Whisper White Thick: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”
- Whisper White: 5 1/2” x 1” (banner—can use scraps)
- Whisper White scraps for leaves
- Soft Suede: 5 1/4” x 4” Scraps for leaves
- DSP: 3 3/4" x 5”
- Score your large piece of Whisper White thick at 4 1/4” for the card base.
- Using Soft Suede ink, stamp leaves using the triple leaf stamp on whisper white. Use your embossing buddy on the soft suede scraps (for leaves) and then stamp leaves using Versamark on Soft Suede cardstock. Cover the versamark leaves with white embossing powder; shake off any stray bits of embossing powder (can use a small paintbrush to remove any stray bits) and heat emboss
- Die cut the leaves using your Big Shot.
- Sponge Soft Suede ink on both sides of ribbon (about 8 inches).
- Banner cut the banner piece of Whisper White.
- Stamp the sentiment on the banner piece of Whisper White using Soft Suede ink near the “v” of the banner. Trim the banner to 3 1/8”.
- Attach the white leaves to the ends of the banner underneath with snail or glue dots. Attach the soft suede embossed leaves to the top of the banner.
- Tie the sponged ribbon into a bow and attach to the banner over the leaf stem.
- Using dimensionals, attach the banner to the card front.