Whenever I craft I find myself thinking that once a card is complete I could make several more using the same layout but different stamps or colors, or change the layout and use the same products to make a completely different look.
You can do the same and I will show you how with today's blog post. All the cards created below use the Delightfully Detailed laser-cut specialty paper. This paper has vanilla on one side, white on the other side. Each sheet can easily be cut apart and used as accents on card fronts.
Which is what I want to share with you today! Here are some of the products used on the cards below - you can click on any of them to link over to my online store to make a purchase:
- Stamp Sets – Beautiful Day (145915); Rooted in Nature Bundle (w: 148352, c: 148353)
- Cardstock – Cajun Craze (119684); Copper Foil (142020); Delightfully Detailed Laser-cut Specialty Paper (146907); Whisper White Thick Cardstock (140272)
- Stamp Pads - Versamark (102283)
- Misc. – Copper embossing powder (141636); Heat Tool (129053); Embossing Buddy (103093); Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (143263); Fine Tip Glue Pen (138309); Silicone Craft Sheet (127853) ~ I used two; Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755)
Cajun Craze: 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" (base card)
Copper Foil: 3 1/2" x 5" and a scrap for the leaves
Delightfully Detailed: One panel ~ 3 1/2" x 5"
Whisper White Thick: 1 1/8" x 4 1/4"
1. Rub your embossing buddy over the Whisper White Thick cardstock. Stamp 'Happy Birthday' in Versamark, emboss with the Copper embossing powder.
2. Use the leaf embossing die to add detail to the leaves. Cut out the leaves by running through the Big Shot with the corresponding leaf die.
3. Lay the Cooper Foil on your Silicone Craft Sheet. Carefully apply glue around the back edges of the Delightfully Detailed panel and lay on the foil. Cover with your second Silicone Craft Sheet and let it dry. When dry adhere to the base card using the Multipurpose Liquid Glue (so you can move it around if necessary).
4. Add the Happy Birthday layer and the embossed copper leaves to the side.
Here are some other ideas - add a comment below telling me which one of the four cards is your fave!