Don't forget those little people in your lives - even the ones who can't read yet. I have a very young nephew who lives in Canada and although he doesn't know me well, I still send him a card once in a while to help him practice reading and also so he knows that I still love him to bits from afar.
The card below is such fun to create for a special young person and the Call Me Clover color is perfect for either gender. The Little Elephant set is bundled with a fun Elephant Builder punch so you can create a bunch of cards for a variety of occasions - just change the phrase to meet your needs!
Here's what this bundle looks like - you can click on the photo to link over to my online store!
- Stamp Sets – Little Elephant Bundle (148340)
- Card Stock – Call Me Clover (146969); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Call me Clover (147139)
- Misc. – 2018-2020 In Color 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (DSP) (146963); Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372); Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine (124262); Basic Jewels Clear Rhinestones (144220); Dimensionals (104430); Big Shot (143263)
- Call Me Clover:8 1/2” x 5 1/2” (card base)
- Whisper White: Scraps for elephant and Stitched Square
- In Color 6” x 6” DSP: 5 1/4” x 3”
- Fold the Call Me Clover card base in half and adhere the piece of designer series paper to the right side. Choose anyone of the fun patterns.
- Stamp the elephant in Call Me Clover ink and punch using the Elephant Builder Punch. (I like to use strips of white to save on paper.) Set aside.
- Cut the largest square Stitched Framelit in Whisper White.
- Stamp the hearts on the Stitched Square and then stamp the sentiment. Use the elephant to decide placement of both.
- Adhere the punched elephant to the square using dimensionals.
- Now add the completed square to the card using dimensionals.
- Wrap the Whisper White Twine twice around the side of the card and tie in a bow.
- Add a rhinestone to the elephant’s eye.
- Stamp a Happy Birthday or any other sentiment you would like to the inside of the card. I added an elephant on the inside with the little bird on his nose…so cute!
- Stamp an elephant on your envelope and send to a special friend.