It's Friday and that means that it's time for my final Christmas in July card idea! Today's project gives you step by step instruction for how to create a festive Mistletoe Season holiday card.
Here are some of the products used to make this colorful and fun card - click on any of the photos to link over to my online store:
Remember my embellishment sampler? The Red Rhinestones are included - click here to read about my sampler offer.
- Stamp Sets & Dies – Mistletoe Season (146768); Stitched All Around (146632)
- Card Stock – Old Olive Cardstock (100702); Whisper White Cardstock (100730); Under The Mistletoe Designer Series Paper (146921)
- Stamp Pads – Old Olive Ink (147090); Real Red Ink (147084)
- Misc. – Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels (146924); Paper Snips (103579); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Dimensionals (104430); Mini Dimensionals (144108); (Snail (104332)
- Card Base: Old Olive – 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Card Front: Under The Mistletoe DSP– 4” x 5 1/4”
- Design Layer: Whisper White – 3 3/4” x 5”
- Red Bow: Whisper White - Scraps
- Inside Layer: Whisper White – 3 ¾” x 5”
- Envelope Flap: Under The Mistletoe DSP– 2 ¼” x 6”
- Stamp the Merry Christmas Sentiment on the upper right side of the Card Front.
- Stamp the Mistletoe Background image with Old Olive Ink onto the Whisper White Card Front, stamping off twice.
- Stamp the Detail Mistletoe image, full Strength, on top of the Background image, line up the stems and the bottom open leaf.
- Use a scrap of Whisper White and stamp the Bow Outline with Real Red. Stamp the Bow Background with real red, stamping off once.
- Cut the bow out with your Snips.
- Use the Cross Stitch Die to add the detail to the Card Front and Inside layer as shown.
- Stamp the Sentiment onto the Inside Layer with Real Red Ink.
Assemble the card:
- Fold and burnish the Card Front with a bone folder.
- Adhere the Bow to the Mistletoe on the Card Front with Mini Dimensionals.
- Adhere the Card Front To the Under the Mistletoe DSP with Liquid Glue or Snail.
- Adhere the completed Card Front to the Card Base with Liquid Glue or Snail.
- Adhere the Inside Layer to the inside of the Card Base.
- Add some Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the Mistletoe
- Adhere the Envelope Flap piece to the Envelope Flap with Liquid Glue or Snail.
- Cut away the excess from envelope flap.