Are you starting to get a sense that I am back into tags elements on cards? I am getting that awareness, especially when thinking about today's card and yesterday's Confetti Celebration birthday card video!
Seriously, though tags do add an eye-catching element to cards and are so easy to create thanks to our punches!
The Fruit Basket card below is bright and playful not only because of the colors but also because of the Tutti-Frutti card and designer paper - a perfect match. It takes only a few minutes to make and the corresponding envelope adds another fun and colorful touch:
Why not try making a bunch of these to tuck away for when you need them? Change the phrase to change the occasions - think of get well soon, hello, thinking of you, missing you, etc. This card is so cheerful it can be used beyond birthdays!
Hint: when stamping and punch elements, do so in odd numbers - as in 3s and 5s. It's more pleasing to the eye.
Fruit Basket birthday card
- Stamp Sets – Fruit Basket (145833) OR Fruit Basket Bundle (145977)
- Cardstock – Tutti-Frutti Cards & Envelopes (SAB) (147242); Lemon Lime Twist (144245); Whisper White (100730)
- Stamp Pads – Daffodil Delight (126944); Black Memento (132708)
- Misc. – Tutti-Frutti 6x6 Designer Series Paper (DSP) (145606); Lemon Lime Twist 3/8” Mini Striped Ribbon (145611); Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262); Itty Bitty Fruit Punch Pack (145657); Scalloped Tag Topper Punch (133324); Mini Dimensionals (144108)
- Whisper White: 2” x 3” scrap (pineapples)
- Lemon Lime Twist: scrap
- DSP: 3” x 4”
- Ribbon: 4”
- Baker's Twine: 4”
- Attach DSP to center of folded Tutti-Frutti card base.
- Create tag by punching white cardstock using Scalloped Tag Topper punch.
- Stamp sentiment on lower portion of punched tag using black ink.
- Stamp 3 pineapples on white scrap using Daffodil Delight ink; punch out.
- Punch out 3 pineapples from scrap Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. Cut off top & glue to top of stamped pineapples from step 4. Attach pineapples to tag using mini dimensionals.
- Slide striped ribbon thru top of tag. Tie white baker's twine around ribbon; tie knot; trim ends.
- Attach tag to card front using dimensionals.